Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 Smart Pix Manager and MegaView
 Upgrade to 12 deleted database info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mario

3 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  19:53:33  Show Profile  Reply
I upgraded from 11.3 to 12. When I opened a library I was asked to upgrade the library. "OK." All of the data in my library has disappeared. What happened? I backed up the database files before upgrading; how do I fix this problem?

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  02:56:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Are you sure this is the same database and you have not created a new one? Or opened a secondary older one that you haven't used?

Check the Library > Recent Libraries to confirm this.

If it is the same database, i\f you look under All Files under the Library display mode, is anything listed there?

What does it say for the file count under Library > Library Properties?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Mario

3 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  05:41:21  Show Profile  Reply
Tried again. Perhaps I misunderstood the problem. In version 11.3, if I open the Library and switch to Folder Mode, I can see the database information in the Media Library tab in the File Information box. Of course, that information is also visible in Media Library Mode. In version 12, the database in formation is ONLY visible in Media Library Mode. In Folder Mode, the fields in the Media Library tab in the File Information box are blank. (I usually work in Folder Mode.) Is this an intended design change in Version 12?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  06:03:35  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

That is certainly not an intended change. Are you sure the path is identical to the files as listed in the library mode.

If you display the Full Details file display view in folders mode is are the files shown as referenced by the database?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Mario

3 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  20:32:29  Show Profile  Reply
Yes, I believe they are. Here is a screen shot of the program, in folder mode, with VIEW -- FILE DISPLAY -- FULL DETAILS selected.

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  06:49:37  Show Profile  Reply
Hmmm, if you display the keywords or description window using View > Tool Windows, do they contain the database data?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: