Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Best way to setup MLK.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bizco

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  12:46:58  Show Profile  Reply
I use a spreadsheet of customers with various columns denoting what they buy eg column 1 has the email and in the other columns I just put in an asterisk for sorting purposes. Heading 2 is ink 3 toner 4 dvd's etc.Currently I do a sort and copy and paste the email addresses into MLK. Is there an easy way to do this where I can still keep my spreadsheet and just import every now and again when I make changes and from MLK just somehow choose the options I require with the click of a list.
I have just upgraded to Ver 11 as this is a great program by the way.
I also read that ver 11 can show you who reads your emails. Is this also there in Ver 10.52.

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:04:51  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

First you need to decide if you want this data to be assigned as:
Groups : Groups are MLK's main way to categorize members
or
Custom Fields: These are your own data fields that you add to members

The easiest solution would be to just assign each purchase of your columns to a custom field. When you view the custom fields for the member they will then have fields such as:

Ink: *
Toner:
DVDs: *

Alternatively you could change your import file to have a custom sorted column for all their purchases, e.g. Ink, Toner

Then when you import you can use the purchases column as the destination group (so they are added to groups named "Ink", "Toner", etc).

Or again you could add it as a custom field:

Purchased: Ink, Toner

Whichever solution you choose you can then easily filter the database by members who just purchased Toner, for example.

Let me know if you need more detail on any of these suggestions.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: