Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Conditional statement not working for opt in / out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  22:49:49  Show Profile  Reply
Last year you responded to me regarding conditional statements. I explained that I needed to be able to put in different names for double opt in and a variety of other messages.

You had indicated at that time:

"If you select Personalize > Insert Conditional Text on the message editor you will get a dialog that helps you.

Unfortunately I see that it doesn’t list Group as one of the default fields, so choose “LASTNAME” and then when you click OK change LastName to Group.

Also, off the top of my head, I can’t say for sure, but I believe the group will list ALL the groups combined, e.g. Products,News,Catalog

So you can either match the entire group text, e.g.

%CONDITION:Group=Products,News,Catalog%We will send you a monthly news ezine. And I am sending you a catalog about our products.%CONDITION:END%
%CONDITION:Group=Products,News%You are now in the News group! Email us if you want us to send you a catalog too!.%CONDITION:END%

Or you can use CONTAINS (*=) for the individual groups

%CONDITION:Group*=News%We will send you a monthly news ezine.%CONDITION:END%
%CONDITION:Group*=Catalog% I am sending you a catalog about our products.%CONDITION:END%"
---------------

Nigel I was unable to ever get this to work for sending opt in and opt out messages.

I have tried again this past week but without any luck. I thought perhaps the problem was the changing of the field LAST NAME to GROUP.

But I am wondering if this will not work for opt in and opt out messages.

I tried by using the Mobile field . I have the code below.

%CONDITION:Mobile=555%Mike Harrison
Accounting Dept.
%CONDITION:END%
%CONDITION:Mobile=333%Sam Waterdon
District South Manager
%CONDITION:END%

But I could not get any of this to work. What I am in need of is being able to send personalized opt in and opt out messages to clients who subscribe to specific news material.

The web form has the correct mobile number set up already in a hidden field. The web form then looks like this:

Action: Subscribe
FirstName: rob
Email: Test@emailaddress.com
Group: South-Sales
Mobile: 555

But it fails to work. Is this because it is an opt in and opt out message? If not, what am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  23:04:59  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel
You can delete this post. I just got off the phone with one of my techs who is testing the kit and he said that while he could not get the conditional statements to work, he did figure out how to use the custom group commands that you added in 10.40. He feels that the conditional statements would be of benefit for a variety of purposes but as he could not get them to work, he is going to complete his testing with the ccustom group commands.

Therefore if you wish, you may delete this post or if not, I would be interested in why the conditional statements do not work.

Thanks Nigel
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  02:02:49  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bruce

Can you please generate me a debug log where you process a message contain mobile 555 and have it processed using a message that contains conditional text.

Email it to me at support@xequte.com

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: