Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Sycning music to slides
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bmccall

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  08:18:37  Show Profile  Reply
I have been following the updates and have seen nothing about this in them. I also looked in search and coul find no reference to it!

I posted the following in Mar 2010:

"Nigel,

I would like to have a 200 1mage slide show and use 10 pieces of music as background music - repeating some of the music more than once.

The way your program seems to be set up at the present - the slides are synced to the music - i.e if I have 10 slides and the song is 10 minutes then each slide will show for 1 minute each or 10 slides for 10 minutes. The only solution to this is to edit each piece of music so that its timing matches the timing of the slides. Even with a good editor this is very time consuming if you have numerous pieces that you wish to use.

Is there any easy way that the program could be modified - now or in the future - to sync the music to the slides - i.e. have a full piece of music that you could select and have it play only as long as slides 1-20 were being shown. Then a second piece of music could be shown for slides 21-40, etc. This would be a lot less labor intensive for the user of the program and require no editing of the music. It would be a definite enhancement that several people have complained about.

Thanks!

Ben"

Has this problem been solved. If not will it ever be solved?

Thanks!

Ben

;

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  08:44:07  Show Profile  Reply
BEN

How can I easily time certain frames with my background music?
Firstly, if you simply want to automatically stretch the slideshow display to match the length of the background music use the "Automatically stretch the slideshow to background music" option.
However if you need much more control over your timing you can use the "Sync to Frame" function.

Let's say you have two songs named "Song_A" and "Song_B" and six frames named "Photo_1" to "Photo_6". You want each song to play for three frames.

1. Go into Edit > Slideshow Properties, Music tab.
2. Select Song_A and click "Sync to Frame"
3. Choose "Photo_3" and click OK
» Song_A will now play while Photo_1, Photo_2 and Photo_3 are showing

4. Select Song_B and click "Sync to Frame"
5. Choose "Photo_6" as the "Sync to Frame"
6. Specify "Photo_4" as "Don't change time prior to" (so the display times up to Photo_3 are not changed)
7. Click OK
» Song_B will now play while Photo_4, Photo_5 and Photo_6 are showing

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

hsew222

Austria
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2024 :  07:52:44  Show Profile  Reply
airbrush online photo editor tools often prioritize user experience with intuitive interfaces, extensive help documentation, and responsive customer support. This commitment to usability ensures that users of all skill levels can navigate the editing process confidently and efficiently https://airbrush.com/ai-video-enhancer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: