Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Sender/reply Address Optional Name Not Used
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lberman

8 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  15:28:31  Show Profile  Reply
When I specify and optional name in the "Sender/reply address" field, it is not being used as the sender/reply address. This used to work before I had to reinstall MLK on another computer due to a disk crash on the computer where it was originally stored and worked. I am on version 8.71R.

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  22:59:12  Show Profile  Reply
Under View > Options, Sending, what sending method have you selected? If you are sending via Outlook what version is it?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

lberman

8 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  17:40:48  Show Profile  Reply
I do have Outlook chosen. I'm using Outlook 2007. When it was working on the older computer, that was Outlook 2003. Oh-oh.

Thank you.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:19:01  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Linda

With Outlook 2007/2010 there is a better way to specify a custom reply address:

1. Create a new account in Outlook with your usual SMTP server details, but your preferred reply address/sender name

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  20:20:35  Show Profile  Reply
2. In MLK, select View > Options, Other, Email Settings (if memory serves me right) and specify that MLK should send using this custom Outlook account

Note: In v10 and newer the setting is under View > Options, Sending, Settings
Go to Top of Page

lberman

8 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  17:39:50  Show Profile  Reply
I'm really at a loss. I set up another outlook account. I even created another Verizon account so that both would be new accounts and no opportunity for confusion. I put the new account in the Email Software Login Profile and unchecked the Use Default Profile. I also put it in the Sender / Reply Address field with a name in the optional name field. When I drafted a message, the preview showed the old e-mail address as the sender one and that's how it came through to the recipients. I tried again and this time changed the sender e-mail address to the new one within the message, but it still says it's from the original e-mail address. I have no idea where it's getting that information since I removed the old address from everywhere in MLK. Spooky.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  21:55:05  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

To confirm:

In MLK, under View > Options, Other, Email Software, Outlook settings:

- you have selected the custom Outlook account to use (with your preferred reply address)
- You have unchecked the box to override the default Outlook reply address

Also, are you are testing the result from an email account outside your organization

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

lberman

8 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  18:07:02  Show Profile  Reply
So I sort of figured this out. Each time I send out mail with MLK, I have to go into Outlook and change the default account to the new account in the Email tab under Account Settings and then remember to change it back. It also limits me from sending other e-mail until MLK has completed it's job. Not pretty, but it works.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  22:54:33  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

You might find it easier if you upgraded to v10:

www.xequte.com/maillistking/upgrade.html

As it fully supports Outlook accounts in 2007 and 2010 32/64 bit.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: