Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Out of Memory Error after Unsubscribe List + More
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  15:36:38  Show Profile  Reply
I unsubscribed 11k but when it was done it kept crunching away and finally got out of memory error, we have 8gb. I seen this happen on our old setup with MLK.
Machine quad core duo 2.5ghz
XP 64bit
Merak mail server 8
Windows Live Mail
Latest version of MLK, 1 million emails

We run the mail server on the same machine, set to use only one core, MLK set to use different core. Our old machine that was a amd dual core win 32 seem to send twice as fast (older version of MLK also)

Using remote assistance to access machine, I'm not sure if this might be causing problems. Or windows 64bit. Any suggestions would be helpful.

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  15:53:18  Show Profile  Reply
I should also mention the merak smtp service is pegged out at 25% of the 4 cores (100%) of one. I think this is the slow spot, not MLK. Probably do to win xp 64. I'm thinking of going with alt-n mdaemon smtp server it will use multiple processors.
Nice thing about the Merak smtp is that I can set it not to queue and retry undeliverable. This keeps about 100,000 out of the queue Windows does not like that many files.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  03:13:47  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Can you please give me the exact steps you took to unsubscribe the 11,000 entries? If you run the unsubscribe list again does the error reproduce?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jimbo69

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  21:39:24  Show Profile  Reply
I can run it again, but all unsubscribes where processed, some junk ones. I can run it again in a couple of days. I brought up the subscribe/unsubscribe window and pasted the emails in. It finished but just sat there for a while and eventually memory errors started popping up. Had to kill MLK with task manager. I did do a shorter list with no problems, before running the bigger one.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  01:38:09  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Even though the addresses have been removed it will still do a large amount of processing and i am curious to see if the problem will recur, and if it is easily reproducible.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: