Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 vacation period
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  10:01:52  Show Profile  Reply
I have tried a number of times to post this question, but the forum just hangs and then I get a page cannot be displayed error. I will try this is small posts to see if I can get it posted.

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  10:04:56  Show Profile  Reply
Part 2 of question since the forum doesn't seem to be working properly. My managers are looking at a different use for MLK within our company itself. Every day we send out memos to different department heads regarding various aspects of running the company.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  10:08:31  Show Profile  Reply
Part 3 of question: We have created an online form for department heads to go to where they can manager their subscriptions to various memos.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  10:10:34  Show Profile  Reply
Part 4 My managers want to set up a field where the department head can input how many days to put the subscription on hold and when the subscription should restart. Can MLK process this to restart subscription?
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  10:13:20  Show Profile  Reply
Sorry Nigel to post it like this. Your forum just hangs when I want to post longer question. Fred check it at his end in Atlanta - same problem.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  13:10:22  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I'm sorry about the problem with posting. It seems that the server sometimes timeouts while accessing the SQL server.

At this time remotely users can only enable and disable vacation (without being able to specify the vacation length).

The administrator can specify a global option that resets the vacation after x days (View > Options, Other, Advanced).

We have on the to-do list the option to specify the number of days a vacation should last for when calling it (e.g. VACATION 90), but we'd like to hear from more users to whether it would be useful.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  18:43:03  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Nigel.
I did see the X number of days setting, but today people take a variety of vacations - sometimes just a few days or a week here and there. We looked into the X number of days but found it was inadequate for most people just because hold periods varied greatly. Hopefully more of your people will need this, but for now I will indicate to our inhouse managers that MLK cannot be used in the employee environment to handle inter-company emails.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: