Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Massive Delays when using SMTP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flahem1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  10:22:16  Show Profile  Reply

When using option 2 send via ISP SMTP server (not outook or internal SMTP) we are experience massive delay. The latest blast of a lousy 123 email took 28 mins with a speed of 318recp/hr.

Any idea why we are experienin such a massive delay in sending emails? Similiar thing happens when using Outlook option. has nothing to do with us setting a delay.

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  14:51:38  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

So to clarify, you are not using any of the ISP Limits settings under View > Options, ISP Limits?

As Outlook is just as slow when doing the sending then either the network connection is slow, or more likely your ISP is doing something that reduces the speed.

Have you asked them about this?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

flahem1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  07:53:38  Show Profile  Reply

Correct no limits turn on ISP Limits settings under View > Options, ISP Limits?

We had issues sending via Outlook so we moved to option 2 ISP SMTP since option 3 doesnt work, and the delays are worse...so I should call my broadband provider and ask them or my web hosting company?

Mike
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  12:19:47  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Mike

Sorry i also neglected to ask what you are sending. Is it a big email with large attachments and/or embedded images? What is your internet connections up-speed?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

flahem1

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  07:54:51  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel -

Using broadband service via Cablevision. Sending 6 par sales letter, 2 attachments, and 3-4 links embedded. The PDF's equal 946KB.

Interesting to note that the emails are delaying exactly 10 sec between each each yet we can not find any setting that we created that is creating is 10 sec delay consistently. Unless its a bug in your program thats recording a delay that simply isnt on.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  01:59:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Mike

1MB is a large email and i would certainly expect it would take a while to send. How slow would depend on the up-speed of your net connection.

The only option that intentionally adds a sending pause is the stagger setting under View > Options, ISP Limits.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: