Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 DVD Burning Problem
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 2

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile
Since re-installing v.2.7, when trying to burn a DVD I get the message "The procedure entry point-impure-ptr could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll" and I can't get any further. I can burn VCD's OK. What's the problem?

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

GRANDSIRE02

The answer you gave that the DVD plays in another DVD player would lead me to the conculsion that something is wrong with your Panasonic player. This may sound stupid but try unplugging the player for five minutes and then put the plug back into the machine. This will cause the player to reset itself and its memory. Also, does it play previously recorded DVD's from Pixplay?

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Thanks, Jim - that worked fine. Just one problem now; my DVD player, Panasonic DMRES10, won't play the disc - "Unsupported" it tells me, yet I'm using the same the same blank discs as previously. Any thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

GRANDSIRE02

You will have to provide more detail such as, are you burning dvd r r+,rw etc. Also did you burn the disc with DVD PIXPLAY or a different software package? Will it play on your computer? The more information you can provide the forum the better our chances are to solve the problem.

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi

Please also e-mail me the following file:

C:\Program Files\DVD PixPlay\PixPlayLog.txt

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

I'm using Verbatim DVD-R media with the Pixplay burner. The discs produced will play on my PC but not on my Panasonic DVD player.

Have also emailed logfile to Nigel as requested.

quote:
Originally posted by JIMD

GRANDSIRE02

You will have to provide more detail such as, are you burning dvd r r+,rw etc. Also did you burn the disc with DVD PIXPLAY or a different software package? Will it play on your computer? The more information you can provide the forum the better our chances are to solve the problem.

JIM DALTON

Go to Top of Page

kayegel

Australia
3 Posts

Hi Grandsire02

I read your DVD problem and it was the exact error message that I was getting so I downloaded the zip files as suggested by JMD. Apparently those files were already in the DVDPixPlay folder so I chose to replace them with the ones I had just downloaded.

This fixed the error message at Task 3 but now I have a new problem (exactly the same as yours) in that the DVD won't play in my DVD player but it will play on the computer. I'm using MTV DVD +R discs and I'm burning them with Pixplay. Did you get a solution to your problem? If so I'd love to know what it was.
Go to Top of Page

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Kayegel,
Not yet - I've only just sent the requested log file to Nigel and hopefully he will look at it later today and come back with some answers on this problem that will be of use to both of us. His reply should be posted here shortly, so keep a lookout!

Grandsire02

quote:
Originally posted by kayegel

Hi Grandsire02

I read your DVD problem and it was the exact error message that I was getting so I downloaded the zip files as suggested by JMD. Apparently those files were already in the DVDPixPlay folder so I chose to replace them with the ones I had just downloaded.

This fixed the error message at Task 3 but now I have a new problem (exactly the same as yours) in that the DVD won't play in my DVD player but it will play on the computer. I'm using MTV DVD +R discs and I'm burning them with Pixplay. Did you get a solution to your problem? If so I'd love to know what it was.

Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

GRANDSHIRE02

On step 2 of the burn process what format did you select? See page four of the operating manual for your DVD player to determine what discs can not be played. The attached link shows the operating manual for Panasonic DMR ES10:

http://panasonic.com.au/content/library/files/F001373.pdf

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Jim,

DVD Movie format; is this the same as DVD-Video format in the Panasonic manual?

I'm somewhat perplexed by all the cans and can'ts in the manual but as far as I can see I should be OK with my Verbatim DVD-R discs provided they have been finalised, and I'm assuming that the PixPlay burner does this.

Grandsire02
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Roland

DVD Movie and DVD Video format means the same thing. DVD PixPlay outputs in this format. When outputting in DVD format the only thing you usually need to check is whether your player supports the disk type you are using (e.g. DVD-R or DVD+RW).

However that player supports all DVD types. You might want to check some of the comments from other users of that player to see if they apply:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=5389

I received your log and everything looks fine there.

Here are some things you should try (in order of priority):
- Go into File>Options, Advanced and turn on the setting to "Always burn at least 30mm when creating DVD disks" Then burn your slideshow using DVD format with a DVD disk.
- Experiment with different types and brands of disks
- Use the option in DVD PixPlay to output the slideshow files to your hard disk and then burn them with your own burning software (Detailed instructions are available at www.xequte.com/support/pixplayfaq.html#2)
- Go into File>Options, Advanced and change the DVD MPEG Audio Setting

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Nigel,
Glad to see you are up and running again and thank you for your comments. Firstly I don't think the problem is the discs I'm using: a) they work OK with other applications and b) I was burning DVD's perfectly well with PixPlay before I reinstalled it. Secondly, my version (2.7) does not have an 'Options' selection under 'File'. There is one under 'View' but this does not include "Always burn at least 30mm when creating DVD disks". There is an option to change the audio setting to AC3, however - should I try this? I haven't yet tried using Nero to burn from the HD, and will in due course. Ideally though I would prefer to use the built in PixPlay burner.
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

GRANDSHIRE02

You can resolve the problem by downloading the following zip:

http://www.xequte.com/download/dpp2cyg.zip

And copying the files it contains to:

C:\Program Files\DVD PixPlay\

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Jim,
1. I downloaded PixPlay v3.0 thinking it was a free upgrade. When I found it wasn't I decided to return to v2.7,uninstalling 3.0 and reinstating v2.7. It was only at this point that my problems started - until then v2.7 was producing DVD slideshows that could be played on my Panasonic using EXACTLY the same media, burner etc. that I'm using now. Given that, media and DVD player compatability issues would seem to be red herrings. Isn't the most likely cause a software problem between PixPlay and my PC?
2. Did you mean "cygwin1.dll"? If so I found another version in the Acronis programme files (428kb as opposed to 1266kb for PixPlay).
3. Have uninstalled/reinstalled 2.7 exactly as your instructions, but still won't play on my Panasonic. It will play on my Hitachi portable DVD player, though!

quote:

GRANDSIRE02

Why did you re-install Pixplay? Did you ask Nigel to sent you version 2.7 again? I would recommend you uninstall Pixplay by using the Windows Remove Program and reboot the system and install a "new" version of 2.7.

Also, do a search for cygwin.dll (START>SEARCH>ALL FILES AND FOLDERS>IN THE SEARCH BOX TYPE "CYGWIN*")--there should only be one copy of this file in the computer, however, many free programs download copies of this to your system and if there are different versions this will cause conflicts on the computer.

Since you can play the DVD you created on the computer I would assume that the problem is due to compatabilty with the DVD Player. Try playing it on another DVD-R compatable player.

JIM DALTON

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Steve

Please e-mail me the following file:

C:\Program Files\DVD PixPlay\PixPlayLog.txt

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Jim,
Resetting the Panasonic didn't help, and it DOES play PixPlay DVD's recorded previously. Would another version of PixPlay be an answer?

Grandsire02

quote:

GRANDSIRE02

The answer you gave that the DVD plays in another DVD player would lead me to the conculsion that something is wrong with your Panasonic player. This may sound stupid but try unplugging the player for five minutes and then put the plug back into the machine. This will cause the player to reset itself and its memory. Also, does it play previously recorded DVD's from Pixplay?

JIM DALTON

Go to Top of Page

kayegel

Australia
3 Posts

Hi grandsire02

As I said before, I have the exact same problem as you. Further to that, I also can play 'old' DVD PixPlay slideshow discs, which were created before any problems with PixPlay, but I can't play anything created after the problems started, even though I'm using the same discs as before.

It's interesting that we also both have a Panasonic DVD, although my model number is SC-HT545/

Also, these discs will play in my Tedelex DVD player.

So basically, we both 'reinstalled' Pixplay (I bought a new computer), we both got the same error message (which Nigel explained was because we tried to install a version 3 plug-in to a version 2 PixPlay).
Also, we both then got the 'fix' to solve the error message. Then we both got the problem that the slideshows wouldn't play in our DVD players any more. And we both can play old slideshow creations in these same players, using the same discs. And we both own a Panasonic DVD player. And lastly, we both find that the discs play in other DVD players.

So there are definitely too many similarities for there to be a straightforward solution. Still, I'm confident that someone on the support staff can figure it out:-) Kaye
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

GRANDSIRE02

This will be my final suggestions, anything else would be guesswork. Please review the settings on Step 3 of the burning process in Pixplay. Did you select PAL? Also, I would suggest you review ALL the settings on your Panasonic player. The error that you show (Unsupported) would indicate that the disc is bad. There also is a setting for Rating this should be set to 8. I would also go to the Panasonic website and download the latest FIRMWARE for your player. This would help in compatability for various Dvd burning speeds. Your machine should only use 4X or 8X discs. Did you use these speeds?
Here is the link to the Panasonic website--read carefully the instructions for downloading the firmware:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vDownloads?storeId=15001&langId=-1&page=DVDFirmware#
Best of Luck and keep the forum posted!!!

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

grandsire02

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Ran update on my Panasonic but it appeared that it already had the latest version of firmware installed. PAL was selected etc. etc., but I just can't see this is bad discs or a problem with the Panasonic when, as I've already said, it still plays identical and identically produced discs burnt before the reinstallation. Incidentally, I've uninstalled v.2.7 and done a test disc with an unlicensed v3.03 programme - still getting the 'unsupported' message on the Panasonic. I think, for what it's worth, that the problem could be in the PixPlay DVD exporting plug-in (v.3.0.4.392) that produces a conflict with the Panasonic software. Might my earlier installation have used a different version of this? Perhaps Nigel could comment on this point and let me have his thoughts and suggestions.

Grandsire02

quote:

GRANDSIRE02

This will be my final suggestions, anything else would be guesswork. Please review the settings on Step 3 of the burning process in Pixplay. Did you select PAL? Also, I would suggest you review ALL the settings on your Panasonic player. The error that you show (Unsupported) would indicate that the disc is bad. There also is a setting for Rating this should be set to 8. I would also go to the Panasonic website and download the latest FIRMWARE for your player. This would help in compatability for various Dvd burning speeds. Your machine should only use 4X or 8X discs. Did you use these speeds?
Here is the link to the Panasonic website--read carefully the instructions for downloading the firmware:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vDownloads?storeId=15001&langId=-1&page=DVDFirmware#
Best of Luck and keep the forum posted!!!

JIM DALTON

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi grandsire02 and kayegel

Did you try using the option to output the slideshow to HDD and then burn it with your normal DVD burning software (preferably Nero)?

That would allow us to determine if the problem is related to burning, rather than the format of the slideshow created.

There should be no technical reason why installing v3 then reverting to v2 would cause any problems (assuming all settings were the same). The only thing i can think of is that doing so changed some setting and that has affected the compatibility, so you might want to test any remaining settings in the Advanced Options dialog to see if that makes any difference.

Also, you might consider installing v3 in another folder, and seeing if burning with that version works.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

OK, we're currently testing a version of DVD PixPlay that uses a different burning library. Generally it seems to offer a lot of improvements over the current one, and could well resolve your problem.

Please give us a few days to complete our compatibility testing with it and then we will make a decision about whether to publically release it as an update.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic   
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: