Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Mpg file can not preview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thomas Chu

59 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel: I made mpg file to DVD Pixplay. When I preview only this message on the black screen :"Error loading Maxout.mpg:Access violation at address 035431c9 inmodule 'mciqtz32.dll' Read of address 00000000". The mpg file was convert from Max DVD to Mpeg. I work for V3.0.
Thanks!

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Thomas

DVD PixPlay certainly supports MPEG, but when previewing it uses your Windows drivers to playback the file. The error you are getting is from the driver rather than DVD PixPlay.

Does it happen with all MPEG files, or just that one?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

thomas Chu

59 Posts

Hi Nigel:About MPEG Video I still can't soved the problem. I updated all new drivrs & Window Media Player Ed. 11. The problem same as before. I rember a few year before DVD Pixplay V1.XX could play mpg.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Thomas,

The MPEG file seems fine and we don't have any issues in testing. Try updating your multimedia drivers by installing the latest version of Windows Media Player.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

thomas Chu

59 Posts

Nigel: I already sent maxout.mpg file by dropload.com to you! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hmmm, there is something about the MPEG file that is causing a headache for the Windows drivers. If it is not too big can you email me the MPEG file.

If it is too big, send it via www.dropload.com

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

thomas Chu

59 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  12:13:58  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel: I did all mpeg files & avi files in my folder. When I did preview mpeg files dosen't have video & audio. Avi no video but have audio.
Thomas
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  16:10:35  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Thomas

When an AVI has sound but no video (and the source is a camera) then it is almost always because the video is in MJpeg format.

Windows does not include a driver for MJpeg but you can download one from:

www.mainconcept.com
or
www.morgan-multimedia.com
or
www.pegasusimaging.com

Regarding MPEG, this is also undoubtedly a driver/codec issue as MPEG is usually supported on all windows systems. You might try installing an MPEG2 codec:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=6#6

NOTE: DVD PixPlay only uses Windows drivers/codecs for previewing your slideshow. You should still be able to burn the slideshow even when you are missing the relevant codecs on your system.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

willjoe

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2023 :  02:24:42  Show Profile  Reply
f your computer is not equipped with the proper player to play MPG files, then it might result in MPG playback issues. If that's the case, it's better to convert the MPG files to the formats that are supported on your computer

Will
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: