Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Third Party SMTP Services

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xequte Posted - Mar 28 2010 : 21:11:26
Hi

Customers frequently ask us for recommendations for good SMTP sending service providers to use with MailList King due to their ISP using draconian sending limiting rules.

Firstly, if you have a web site check whether your host provider includes SMTP as part of the package.

Next, clarify exactly what your ISP's sending limits are. It is quite possible you can use MLK's "ISP Limits" options to stay within their rules.

If your ISP does not block port 25 you may also be able to use MLK's internal SMTP server.

Finally consider one of the following SMTP Services:

If you try any of these services please let everyone know how you found them.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Nov 19 2014 : 18:48:31
Hi

I have also heard good things about Mandrill. And at $17.60 for 100,000 messages it is quite reasonable:

http://mandrill.com/pricing/

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
xequte Posted - Apr 25 2012 : 18:43:51
Another option available in v11 or newer is to use Amazon's SES Service:

http://aws.amazon.com/ses/pricing/

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
xequte Posted - Mar 26 2011 : 12:39:51
Thanks for the feedback!

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
wmclaren Posted - Mar 25 2011 : 11:50:41
FYI - I have been using AuthSMTP for over 2 years and they deliver. Annual cost is very good. (we send about 6500 to our list monthly) We use MLK 8.6x through OL 2007!
xequte Posted - Mar 10 2011 : 20:51:26
Hi

I have heard a recent complaint of problems with TZO. If this is affecting anyone else please let me know.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
ILH Posted - Sep 07 2010 : 08:08:00
A long time ago I accessed the web and mail services through cable. The cable company became unreasonably restrictive. I eventually switched to a 'business account' through Bell. With a dedicated IP I can now send to my various private domains without port or volume issues.

--
Ian Hubling
ian@hubling.com
onebaldbloke Posted - Sep 03 2010 : 22:43:34
I'm trialling AuthSMTP.
Will report back.

Over,
Bob.
xequte Posted - Mar 29 2010 : 14:53:31
Hi Michael

Thanks for the info on the current state of play at Gmail.

That may be their new policy for free accounts. I'm not sure that it applies to their paid service (GoogleApps).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
michael2451 Posted - Mar 29 2010 : 14:45:12
Hi,

My understanding of gmail, being a user, is if you use an e-mail client like Outlook or a similar program you are limited to 50 e-mails per day. If you use gmail's web interface it is 500 per day. They do not say much about the limits but after going to their forums and reading past postings that was what I was able to find out and when I sent out two mailings I was informed I had exceeded the daily limit and was locked out the rest of the day which is a 24 hour period from when you get locked out.

Michael