Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 How to migrate file shares to SharePoint Online

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jimmywick Posted - Apr 27 2023 : 23:09:07
Migrating large volumes of documents from files shares to SharePoint Online has always been somewhat of a matzo ball. Most organizations just had two choices: allow users to drag and drop files manually or purchase a third-party migration tool. The first option worked OK for small/ad-hoc moves of data, but for serious volumes (tens/hundreds of thousands of files and folders), you had to acquire a third-party tool. While I used those tools numerous times to migrate my clients, it did not make financial sense for small businesses looking to do a one-time migration. Luckily, Microsoft has recently come up with a tool of its own, which is entirely free. In this post, I would like to document the process of how to migrate file shares to SharePoint Online using Microsoft SharePoint Migration Tool.

Step 1: Do your homework first!
Yes, I know you just want to click that Migrate button and tell your boss you did it, but you cannot migrate the content without thinking about the information architecture through among other things. It would not be fair for me to describe everything you must do first in a single paragraph here. I devoted many posts on the topic previously. At a high-level, you need to make sure you understand how Information Architecture works in SharePoint Online.

To know more, visit https://www.o365cloudexperts.com/blog/migrate-file-server-to-sharepoint-online/
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leon_z Posted - Oct 21 2024 : 10:14:03
I use a tool called Gs Richcopy 360, its great and straghtforward

Leon