Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Add Existing Leads to 2nd and subsequent Auto Msgs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pjonz2008 Posted - Nov 26 2014 : 16:38:21
I have set up an autoresponse message that works fine for new contacts.

Is there some way I can add existing contacts to the list also and have them receive the 2nd and subsequent messages only and not the original message again?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Dec 02 2014 : 23:20:54
Hi

Email of sender used, rather than read from form:

Did you receive the email I sent regarding generation of a debug log, so I can see why it is failing (presumably some minor formatting issue).

Welcome messages being sent when manually adding members

When you manually (paste, import, etc) addresses into MLK one of the options is to "Send Acknowledgement messages". So if that group has welcome messages, they will be sent to the added members, and any delayed messages will continue to be sent until the member unsubscribes or one of the Stop rules is met:

Basically, using delayed Welcome messages is best if you are manually adding members (or the members are added by a simple subscribe).

Auto-responders are best if the members are being added automatically by a web form (or need not be added to your mailing list).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Pjonz2008 Posted - Dec 02 2014 : 02:47:37
Ok Nigel this may be quite a long post as I'm going to tell you what I'm trying to do with MLK and what I have tried and finally what I've discovered which may be the answer I have been looking for.

I want to manually put new leads into an auto responder with regular follow ups until I move them to another folder.

In another post a week or so back I showed you the email I receive from the webmaster with fields and data separated by a new line which wont work in MLK.
So I re-formatted it and forwarded the email to myself which included an email field for the lead in the body as well. I put a colon after the field names and deleted the extra line so field name and data were on the same line, changed the button to web form so MLK would look at the message body and hopefully pick up the email address from the body text along with the other data.

A new member was created and populated with the other data but the welcome email came to me as MLK obviously gets the email address from the sender as opposed to the email address in the body text. BTW even though I tried to pick a group all these test emails went into the general group.

So, it looks like I will have to copy and paste all the new leads into MLK. there's only a couple of dozen on a big day.

Under Options/Groups/Edit Group I have discovered where I can set up a custom Welcome message sequence for just one group only. I haven't done a test yet but I'm hoping you will tell me that as i add members to this group they will be sent the custom welcome message and get the second message/s automatically until i move them to another folder.

Does MLK know who has received the welcome message when a new member is added to the list?

Am i on the right track to achieve what I'm trying to do?

If not how do I actually do it?

Thanks

peter

xequte Posted - Dec 01 2014 : 18:14:33
1. Did you create the message as an auto-reponder or a welcome message (i.e. what function did you use in MLK to create your messsage?

2. I'll need to email you some debug logging info

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Pjonz2008 Posted - Dec 01 2014 : 01:27:52
I still cant work out how to send a group message sequence in relation to your previous email. can you quickly outline the steps.

Also I changed my webform email by fwding to myself and putting in a colon and having the info on the same line. MLK picked up the fields except email. Instead of using the email in the form body it used the senders email which was mine and sent me the message sequence. suggestions?
xequte Posted - Nov 28 2014 : 02:52:41
Hi

What method are you using to send your message sequence? Are they group welcome messages or automatic message responders?

If the latter, then adding a member to a group won't generate a message response. Auto-responders are only sent when responding to a matching message (or by clicking "Send to Recipients" in the Auto Responder dialog).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Pjonz2008 Posted - Nov 27 2014 : 17:25:18
Tried adding lead to group and no email was delivered. What am I doing wrong?
Pjonz2008 Posted - Nov 27 2014 : 14:19:25
that will work.

Thanks
xequte Posted - Nov 26 2014 : 22:26:04
Hi

No, you would be best to add them and then delete the original message generated for these recipients in MLK's Outbox.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com