Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Overwriting existing contacts?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Peter Banks Posted - Mar 19 2012 : 05:57:41
Hiya Nigel

I'm "importing" contacts from an Excel spreadsheet and would like updated details for members to be overwritten. However, nowhere is it showing the dialog (as you've shown) below.

... 3. Replace Member Confirmation

When overwriting a contact details are displayed all their details are displayed and you can also elect to merge details of both contacts ...

I really would like this as when I'm importing I have a custom field (date last purchased) and would like that to be updated in the member details so that when I send out an email to the members it correctly reflects the "last" purchase date and NOT the date originally entered into the database.

All I get is that Address already exists in Group and that's it? No wonderful ability to "update". Where is this functionality?

Peter

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Mar 19 2012 : 17:36:19
Hi Peter

I'm afraid that dialog is only when creating or editing members using Edit > New/Edit Member.

When implementing this feature we decided that for importing it is not really practical to confirm the replacement/merging of hundreds of contacts.

So when importing identical contacts are always treated as a merge, with preference given to the new details.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com