Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Mail List King Not processing email via POP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
believers Posted - Oct 02 2011 : 14:20:05
We have been using Mail List King on version 8 running on Windows Server 2003 for about 3 years. We recently upgraded our server to Windows Small Business Server 201 Essentials and also purchased the latest version of Mail List King, which is version 10.51R. I doubt the OS has anything to do with the problem, but I thought you should know.

Well, I have everything setup and there is literally one problem we are having, which is when checking for email via POP it does not fully work. Mail List King is able to connect to the POP email account and even count the number of messages in the box, however, it does not process any email. It does not process mail sent from members nor does it process regular member commands such as Subscribe or unsubscribe. That's right, if I reply to an email sent by Mail List King with unsubscribe in the subject line, Mail List king ignores it when checking the POP email.

Another problem is that I tried to use Office 365 Exchange SMTP to send email, but even after updated the settings.ini file SSLmethod to 4, which is TLS, it still does not send. We are simply using the built in SMTP server of Mail List King to get around this. This is not as urgent and may simply be related to the version of TLS that you support, which your website states as TLS 1.0 and not 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3. Office 365 may be using a later version.

Please help in getting this sorted as we use it several times a week.

Thanks.

Vernon
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Oct 25 2011 : 00:49:25
Hi Vernon

I'm sorry but it seems that MLK is not compatible with your server. Email me if you require a refund.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
believers Posted - Oct 03 2011 : 18:15:41
I have replied to your email wiht teh debug file. I can tell Mail List King is having issues with headers? Not sure what to do about that or the TLS 1.0 issue not working.

Let me know what you find.

-Vernon
xequte Posted - Oct 02 2011 : 23:03:53
Hi Vernon

I'll send you some debug logging info...

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com