Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 SSL not working

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bruce23 Posted - Mar 21 2011 : 20:32:23
Hi Nigel
Further to my email where I sent you an image, Fred contacted all managers to advise that encrypted email will be phased in at month's end. I told him that MLK does not work as it cannot address TLS properly. He told me he was unaware and asked that I post this to your forum to see if there is a workaround perhaps in the code itself otherwise we have to put MLK use on hold until your can correct the oversight. Thanks Nigel. Bruce Summers

Bruce23
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Feb 26 2015 : 02:39:40
Hi

MLK should have no problems with those settings (on 465, rather than 587).

Have you tried another email program on the system the server?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
RBM Posted - Feb 25 2015 : 14:22:58
Using Mail List King v11.23R

Hadn't used Mail List King for nearly 12 months. Was using Vista, now on new install of Windows 7.

Copied across Mail List King database folder which was ‘updated’ by Mail List King at first launch.

Program works fine except now receive SSL(0) error on send/receive. Happens whether firewall is disabled or not. Happens if SSL is set from 1 to 4. Happens if running Mail List King as an Administrator and/or compatibility mode.

Attempting to send and receive via FastMail as ISP, using the settings here for SMTP and POP (for a specific folder):
https://www.fastmail.com/help/technical/servernamesandports.html

My FastMail account type is ‘Enhanced’ which allows for this functionality. The settings are straightforward.

Tried creating new send and receive profiles in Mail List King, still happens.

I am sure I am missing something but can’t work out what it would be. Any advice?

Many thanks!
xequte Posted - Aug 21 2011 : 01:40:56
Hi Boyd

Thanks for taking the time to advise us of the resolution.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
electricwind Posted - Aug 20 2011 : 13:21:26
I've apparently resolved this issue, which as it turns out, is probably not MLK's.

I had set up a new VPS, but because I am using TLS for the SMTP server, I needed to provide an SSL certificate. Once I did this, MLK started working again.

Boyd Martin
Tristar Online Sales
Portland, Oregon
xequte Posted - Aug 14 2011 : 02:52:31
Hi Boyd

I'll need to email you some debug logging info.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
electricwind Posted - Aug 13 2011 : 17:14:56
What was the resolution on this? I'm having the same issue since changing VPS's.

After changing the settings.ini file to "4", I got "Unable to connect with SSL" error from MLK, when it should be using TLS instead. The VPS uses port 587 and TLS, and it's something I have no control over.

Boyd

Boyd Martin
Tristar Online Sales
Portland, Oregon
xequte Posted - Mar 22 2011 : 19:10:46
Hi

It should make no difference what port you specify for SSL sending.

Please email me the log file for the sending task:

1. Run MLK and click Ctrl+Shift+I.
2. Check the box to display your "Sending Logs" folder and click "OK"
3. In that folder your log files are named "mail_sent_*.txt" with the date of the delivery included in the name. Find the files of the relevant date and send them to me

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Bruce23 Posted - Mar 21 2011 : 23:19:12
Nigel - in your help file it says "Note: Only Implicit SSL is supported, that is, SSL over a secure port such as 465". 465 is blocked and cannot be used. We use 587 or we can in a pinch use 25.

Bruce23
Bruce23 Posted - Mar 21 2011 : 23:14:45
Hi Nigel
No - the error message says Error connecting with SSL(0) / I changed to 4 but it says SSL(0) - I don't know if that means it isn't reading the 4 or just something else, but no it will not authenticate. The incoming is fine with the pophm - but not outgoing. Any ideas? TLS works fine in outlook and in MS exchange

Bruce23
xequte Posted - Mar 21 2011 : 20:54:00
Hi Bruce

Please see the "SSLMethod" option at:

http://www.xequte.com/support/maillistking/hidden_options.html

It should be SSLMethod=4 for TLS.

Does that resolve it?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com