Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 New to MLK, need help with pop.gmail.com

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Logan5 Posted - Mar 14 2011 : 18:19:40
I am new to MLK I have only the 60 day evaluation for now. b4 I buy I want to get this working exactly the way I want. First I want to download "pop" my gmail account to get my mailing list then i want to add jpg's to my e-mail to be sent to this list. I set up a test gmail account to test this and it does not see my messages I sent to myself from a yahoo account. I am using a test account so as not to accidentally send out junk e-mails to those on my list. any MLK coaches out there? Thank Logan.,.

Logan
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Mar 23 2011 : 15:40:33
Hi Logan

If it only processes 16 then the remainder must not match any mailing list message processing rules (e.g. not having a command such as SUBSCRIBE in them).

I'll email you some debug logging info so we can investigate further.

To use the SD card for your data:

1. Select View > Options, Other and check "Use different settings for each database". This will make MLK put all your settings files in a "Config" folder of your database folder

2. Click Ctrl+Shift+I and open your database folder

3. CLOSE MAILLIST KING

4. Move all of the files and folders in your database folder (from step 2) to a new, empty folder on your SD card

5. Restart MLK

6. MLK will say that it cannot find your database, browse to the new location on your SD card

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Logan5 Posted - Mar 23 2011 : 13:39:08
yep figured that out already, Now I am down to several problems, one when I PoP my gmail account, it says there are 266 e-mails on the server, yet MLK only add's 16 total of these to my mailing list. why not the rest? also I decided to move MLK to my 16Gig SD memory card, for privacy and also thinking I could start over and try again. when I did it still found my old database and settings. so everything is the same except it loads from the SD card now. Still excited about MLK just need to get it working correctly with pop.gmail.com

Logan
xequte Posted - Mar 20 2011 : 00:54:34
Hi Logan

Please click the attach (paperclip) button on the message sending toolbar to add a file attachment.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Logan5 Posted - Mar 16 2011 : 14:34:09
yes sir. error free, now that I have tweaked the pop settings. auto-reply works great. I now need to know how to attach a gif, jpg, pic to my to my outgoing messages. I am almost sure this is the software I have been looking for. works great with pop.gmail.com

Logan
xequte Posted - Mar 14 2011 : 21:50:51
Hi Logan

I assume that when you click "Send Test Message" in the Sending Profile wizard that you do not get an error?

Please do a small test sending and email me the log file:

1. Run MLK and click Ctrl+Shift+I.
2. Check the box to display your "Sending Logs" folder and click "OK"
3. In that folder your log files are named "mail_sent_*.txt" with the date of the delivery included in the name. Find the files of the relevant date and send them to me

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com