Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Integration

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pzh20 Posted - Feb 26 2011 : 09:42:53
We have many sources of contact details within our business. Our tills record customer account details, our ecommerse systems does so too, we get business cards in our branches etc etc etc.

I want to bring these contact details into MLK whilst having to maintain the original source.

Also, I need to keep MLK as stand-alone as possible. No connection to an individual's Outlook etc, just collecting contacts and sending mailshots.

Our other system reside on MySQL, MSSQL and MS Access databases. Business card information is scanned in via a a Kensington scanner into its own database and exported as a csv.

What are other users doing regarding this type of integration? Can I 'suck' all this data via MLK or do I have to work on each platform and create inputs into MLK?

Your insights most welcome.

Regards
Pete
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Feb 28 2011 : 13:14:04
Hi Pete

We'll try to get it into the release slated for the middle of March.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
pzh20 Posted - Feb 28 2011 : 05:20:42
Nigel,

As the 'other' systems are already in place, it's sometimes hard to change them to feed MLK. This means either post processing the information from these systems or some kind of automation.

What's the time frame for these 'watched folders'?

Surely others of the Forum are doing some of these?

Regards
Pete
xequte Posted - Feb 26 2011 : 23:40:53
Other sources need to be imported into MLK. You can automatically import contacts into MLK (v10.22) from the command line as follows:

"C:\Program Files\MailList King\MLKing.exe" "/IMPORT:C:\My Files\MyImport.csv"

Note: MLK's default mapping must be used for it to be automatic

We are looking at adding support for automatically importing contacts from CSV and Excel files in watched folders, so that may be relevant to you too.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
xequte Posted - Feb 26 2011 : 23:40:12
Hi Pete

Web based systems are the easiest to handle as MLK can automatically create/file member fields using web form submission messages.

Continued...