Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 MLK Server Delays

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Douglas Skelley Posted - Feb 18 2011 : 14:40:33
I'm sending an e-mail (about less than .5 MB) to about 1400 people using the MLK Server because we have a Spam filter on ours that slows down our server significantly. I sent the e-mail at 11:41 AM and know that some people got it as early as 11:53 AM. However, my boss still has not received his as of 3:40 PM. Is this common??
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Feb 27 2011 : 21:56:09
Hi

You should give them the reply address, subject and delivery time of the message. With that information they should contact their ISP and ask why it was rejected.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Douglas Skelley Posted - Feb 27 2011 : 10:18:44
The people that are not receiving the e-mails were receiving them when I sent them through Microsoft Outlook. Once we switched to MLK's server the problem arose. I've checked the sending log and all the addresses have successful responses. I was hoping you could tell me what they need to look for when discussing with their ISP or admin.
xequte Posted - Feb 26 2011 : 23:39:20
Hi Douglas

Yes, when you run any local mail server, particularly from a residential IP address, your messages are more likely to be marked as Spam.

Firstly, please check that your own IP address is not listed on any common blacklists (Search Google for tools to do this).

Next, for individual recipients that are not receiving it, check MLK's sending log to ensure that it got a successful response for that contact. If it did, then they need to confer with their mail service provider (i.e. ISP or admin if it is an organization) to determine why it was rejected.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Douglas Skelley Posted - Feb 25 2011 : 08:12:47
We found the email to him, but I did hear from a number of people that did not receive the email. My understanding is that the Mail List King server may be blocked or blacklisted by other servers. The people not getting the email have checked their Spam folders and are not seeing my email address or the email. What, at the server level I guess, can I have their IT people look for in order to make sure the email gets through and is not blacklisted? I appreciate the help.
xequte Posted - Feb 21 2011 : 00:47:29
Hi Douglas

Did you check his address in the recipient list (select the task in the completed items folder and then click Properties) to ensure that it did not error out?

Has he checked his Spam folder?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com