Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Access violation at address 004033FB in module

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Douggg Posted - Dec 27 2010 : 22:25:54
Nigel,
"The ERROR: Access violation at address 004033FB in module 'MLKing.exe'. Read of address 03EE51C0."

Tried to get you a debug log using
Click Shift+Ctrl+D
Click "Yes" to the prompt to enable debug logging
Reproduce the problem

The Click Shift+Ctrl+D comes back with a message stating users not selected. Did the proceedure change?

Any ideas?

Douggg

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Douggg Posted - Jan 20 2011 : 16:26:35
Nigel,
It appears the export/import may have done the trick.
Sending you the DB.

I updated MLK to the latest version.

Doug
xequte Posted - Jan 17 2011 : 13:05:39
Hi Doug

OK, please do.

Also, if you are not using the latest version, v10.14, then please select Help > Check for Updates.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Douggg Posted - Jan 16 2011 : 09:33:51
Nigel,
The error appears to occur during sending of email messages either on the box or using RAC. Using RAC new users can join or be removed without the error. I can say for certain the problem began upon upgrading to current version. It's not in the exe as I have one other DB on the box that is not affected.

Running the DB repair appears to fix the issue for a few sendings but then the error returns and all sending is halted and I think nothing is queued so we can't resume sending. It also appears to happen mid-list. So emails are sent to the first (say) 167 users and then it errors out. Once we get the error any sending results in the error.

I would prefer not to build a new DB as I fear I might miss a setting. I could delete all of the users, do a test with couple of test users and then import the entire list?
Would you be interested in looking at our DB and config settings to see if you could find the cause?

Any other suggestions?

MLK has been working for us perfectly for years, so I hope we will be able to get this resolved.

Thanks,
Doug

Update.
I exported then list to CSV, did an Admin delete of all users then imported the CSV. All users were imported except for 15 users. Fourteen were not imported due to invalid domain, (blocked domain), and one had an invalid address. (I deleted the 15 users.)

I will let you know if we still have a problem.

Doug

xequte Posted - Dec 30 2010 : 00:38:42
Hmmm, that is unusual.

Is there a particular task or error you encounter that triggers the A/V error?

If it recurs, you could try exporting all of your contacts to a CSV/Excel file, creating a new database and then importing all of the contacts into it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Douggg Posted - Dec 29 2010 : 13:35:57
Nigel,
Did that before, seemed to have "fixed" it for a week or two then the problem returned. I ran the Database Utility the day I posted this message and it appears to be working fine but I fear it might return.

Any idea what's causing the probelm?
What do you think about deleting all of the subscribers then importing from the back-up?
Or do you think running the DB Utility the second time may have "fixed" the problem?

Doug

xequte Posted - Dec 29 2010 : 00:38:21
Hi Doug

The debug log shortcut is now Ctrl+Alt+D.

What were you doing in MLK when the error arose?

Did you try repairing the database?

1. Close MailList King
2. Download the Database Utility from http://www.xequte.com/download/dbsys426.exe
3. Install and Run it.
4. Select Utilities > Repair
5. Click Select and browse to your database folder (search your hard disk for the file mlk_main.dat to locate your database folder)
6. Your database files will be displayed in the box below. Hold down the Ctrl key and select each file in turn (but NOT any file named mlk_send_task...)
7. Click Open to repair all of your files

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com