Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Free tier alternative to Heroku?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TariCanestrini Posted - Jul 02 2024 : 04:48:39
Howdy Techies!

I greatly admire Heroku when it comes to deploying and running mobile and web applications in smart containers. Although my projects are going well on Heroku but I noticed it has become an expensive solution since it ended its free tier offering. Yes, I began my dev journey from Heroku's free plan a few years ago and it was an outstanding experience as a novice but now, I am looking for an alternative.

If I discuss some prominent Heroku alternatives, Render is a leading solution. Render is one of the simplest cloud hosting solutions, costing nothing for 100GB bandwidth and 500 build minutes. However, the only things that annoy me are its sluggish customer service and overuse of RAM. On the other hand, I found some incredible alternatives here https://blog.back4app.com/heroku-alternatives/ and I shortlisted some names like Back4app, Fly, and Engine Yard.

Firstly, if I talk about Back4app, I have already used its BaaS offering. I believe its Containers or CaaS platform would also be good enough to deploy Git-hosted codes. Another option that I like as a Heroku alternative is Engine Yard. However, I didn't find any free offerings on its pricing page.

All in all, I am here to know your experiences with PaaS platforms.

What Heroku alternatives would you suggest to me?