Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Undeliverable emails not being processed by MLK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  13:59:05  Show Profile  Reply
I have a bunch on undeliverable email messages coming (as usual) from our Exchange server but even with the text in the subject "Impossibile recapitare" added in the Delivery Failure Processing List, MLK scans the messages but takes no action while I would expect the message to be processed, moved to another specific folder, and at the same time the email address account failures being incremented by 1.

For your information I have two separate installations of MLK, one version 11.23XR on my "old" laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64bit + Outlook/Office 2010 32bit which will be dismissed as soon as all the software moved onto the new laptop will be fully working, but still using nowadays to do our mailing campaigns.
So, on the newer laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64bit + Outlook/Office 2010 32bit I have installed MLK v16.52R and since my Outlook account on the Exchange server is the same on both laptops, I tried to process those same undeliverable messages from this one but with the same, unfortunately, result: scanning but no processing at all. I did this test in case the issue might be due to the OS or the MLK version but it does seem to behave exactly the same.

I am in trouble now having to remove thousands of undeliverable email addresses and I don't know how to do it without MLK processing the undeliverables. I can send you one of those undeliverable messages for inspection but only privately.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Riccardo Giovanetti

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  06:11:45  Show Profile  Reply
Now something even stranger happens when I scan one of those undeliverables, which is that the entire text of the message is like being corrupted and now appears in Chinese or similar language. Here follow a screenshot from Outlook 2010 of how the message has been changed after MLK scanned it for processing.

Go to Top of Page

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  10:01:59  Show Profile  Reply
For completeness of information here is a screenshot of what that undeliverable message coming from Exchange looks like:

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2017 :  05:07:09  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Riccardo

I can't speak for the corrupted message issue, it won't be related to MLK.

So regarding the undeliverable messages not being processed:

1. Are the messages in a folder that MLK scans (i.e. specified under File > Options, Email Processing)

2. Do the undeliverable messages contain an email address?

3. Are other mailing list messages in that folder processed (i.e. deleted)?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  04:59:53  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

Firstly, I sorted all the undeliverables received from Microsoft Exchange by type, then I moved them (type by type) into a specific Outlook folder which is scanned by MLK. The email address of the mailing's recipient is reported inside the undelivered email message under the red bar in the last image I've posted.

Sure it's not due to MLK the corruption of the message? Because, it happens only after checking by MLK.

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  05:45:13  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Unfortunately, support for Exchange is not extensive in MailList King. Regarding the corruption, if it only happens after MLK scans the message, then that does mean MLK is the cause, which is odd because MLK's processing of a message is read-only.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  10:47:46  Show Profile  Reply
I've used MLK for many years and never had issues scanning and elaborating those undeliverables coming from our Exchange server. Now, what should I do? Any suggestions? Shouldn't MLK understand that there is an email address inside those messages and take proper actions? Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2017 :  20:51:49  Show Profile  Reply
Sorry I may have misunderstood the issue.

To clarify, both systems are the same, other than different Windows versions, and a newer version of MailList King?

In that case, I would expect them both to give the same result. Did you copy the settings across when you transferred to the new machine? Does changing the settings under File > Options, Other, Outlook settings have any effect, particularly the extended MAPI and Exchange options?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2017 :  05:39:47  Show Profile  Reply
Thank you Nigel.

Two notebooks with different OS (Win7Pro vs. Win10Pro) and MLK versions due to compatibility limitations (respectiverly, v11.23R vs. v16.52R) but with the same MS Outlook 2010 32bit version on both systems. The MLK database in stored on a network shared folder and all the configurations where copied from the older version to the newest one on the Win10 notebook.

As per my previous issue reported in this forum, I had to disable the "Use Extended MAPI" option because of an error message related to Outlook, and everything seemed to work fine until I run the last mailing and found that MLK (both versions on both notebooks) couldn't properly recognize the undeliverables.

Following your last suggestion, I re-enabled the above option for extended MAPI ... and despite MLK returns again a message related to Outlook when I run Check Now, now it works and scan, move the undeliverable messages to a specific folder, and increase the undeliverable count for the records in the MLK DB. I will test more when I will be back from an exhibition next week, and let you know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: