Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 MLK 16.52 on Win10Pro and Outlook2010
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  09:14:06  Show Profile  Reply
Hello,

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro 64bit and MS Office/Outlook 2010 32bit, and having to install MLK from scratch I decided to use version 16.52 as it's compatible with Win10. My "old" laptop runs Win7Pro 64bit plus the same version of MS Office/Outlook 2010 32 bit but there I have MLK ver.11.23.
I have administrative rights both locally and on the domain, and I installed MLK as Administrator.
Before porting all settings to the new installation I simply made a test with a copy of our database which required to be converted first. I set MLK to send emails using Outlook which relies on our Exchange server. Now, as soon as I send a test email I get the following error messages in sequence:

Then, entering in Outlook I can find the test message email waiting to be sent but there isn't the recipient's address, so it cannot be sent out. For sure I missed some set up somewhere.

Any suggestion? Thank you,

Riccardo Giovanetti

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  22:27:26  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Riccardo

That is a peculiar error. What are you settings under File > Options, Other, Outlook Options?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  04:03:38  Show Profile  Reply
Thank you Nigel for your prompt reply. Here is a screenshot of those settings:

Microsoft Outlook is the predefined app for sending e-mail but from time to time, when sending a test email, I get this message too from Microsoft Outlook (just before the two other messages above), which states that "there isn't a predefined email client or it cannot satisfy the requested messaging activity; run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the predefined email client", which doesn't make sense to me:

Since for privacy and security reasons I deactivated a series of options in Win10 (namely in the Privacy set up the Contacts, Calendar, and E-mail) I re-activated all of them in case they might be the cause of this issue, but nothing changed.

The first time I click on the Other | Email Software | Email Software Wizard I get the same MS Outlook error message above referenced. Subsequently, if I try again I get no error message and I am able to enter the setup.

I did also try to synchronize the database with the Outlook contacts in the public folder of the Exchange server (as I usually did on the other laptop with MLK 11) but I receive this error message:

As a last resource I run MLK as Administrator and sending a test email I didn't get the previous error but this two instead:

and they appear also when I click on Send Test Email button from within the Select Sending Method setup. Navigating these setups become quite slow when MLK is run As Administrator. I hope these information might help.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  20:05:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I cannot explain these errors. I have not seen them before and their sporadic nature is unexpected. What anti-virus product do you use?

Please also try:
- Unchecking the "Use extended MAPI" options
- Right-click the folder tree, choose advanced and then "Register MLK DLLs"

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  08:22:32  Show Profile  Reply
Dear Nigel,

I followed your suggestions, after unchecking the use Extended MAPI and re-registering MLK DLLs, then restarting MLK, I've been able to send out a test email as well as a regular email to members of a test group. So I re-enabled one by one the two above disabled options (Extended MAPI and Use Exchange), restarting then MLK every time, and I discovered that the option which causes the issue is the Use Extended MAPI one.

Thank you.

Riccardo
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2017 :  01:36:14  Show Profile  Reply
OK, glad to hear it worked out.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page