Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 Other Software and Discussion
 Text Lightning for Outlook 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  19:58:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Text Lightning is built upon a popular third party library for panes integration. Unfortunately the cost of this library has now increased to around US$1000, which is more than we can justify for a product we give away for free. As such, we are unlikely to be able to support Outlook 2016 until we make some major internal changes to the software. This means it will be delayed until at least May

Some of you will suggest that we simply start charging for Text Lightning, but we have tried this in the past, and as a niche product it simply does not sell enough to be a practical proposition.

For the record, I am as disappointed by this announcement as many of you will be.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

rien@rienjanssen.biz

Netherlands
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  10:03:41  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

That really is a shame! Of course I understand your motive.
Today I felt forced to switch from Outlook 2013 to 2016 because I hoped that this would function better; in the last few days performance of the whole Office 365 pack dropped "like an old underpants".
The loss of Text Lightning is a great one to me. I use it on a daily bases on average at least 5 times or more. I really am in shambles.
Wouldn't it be possible to find more loyal users like me who would be prepared to split the costs. With only 20 and a contribution of $50 each, I understand the problem can be solved than.
And I wouldn't at all mind paying for a license of Text Lighting. So far I have not found a better quick text product than this one. I have even tried the alternative standard in MS Outlook but stopped when this turned out to be gone after Office updates.
I would hate losing this solution, not because it is for free, but because it is the best.

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2016 :  04:17:21  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

We've decided to investigate an alternative method to support Outlook 2016 32 and 64bit. We'll let you know how it goes.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Paula McGraw

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  10:15:31  Show Profile  Reply
Add me to the list of people who would gladly contribute for Outlook 2016 support.

I've been needing a Text Lightning tool for years. Finally located your site after an inspired Google session this morning. While some of my potential users are still use Office2010, that will likely change following an Office365 migration.

Paula McGraw
pmcgraw@aasld.org
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  16:47:57  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Paula

Development for our Outlook 2016 version has been sponsored (by a kindly British company) and we are anticipating a release (32bit and 64bit) in the next week or two. If you want to beta test the new version please email me.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  20:04:12  Show Profile  Reply
The beta version of our Outlook 2016 (32 and 64bit) version is available at:

http://www.xequte.com/download/textlightningsetup.exe

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

text78

Malaysia
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  23:42:57  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Successfully installed the Text lightning for outlook 2016. However it does not appear at all in the main tabs.

Any advise.

It is a Win 7 64 bit.

Faizal M
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2016 :  22:14:46  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Please try running this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Text Lightning\RegDLL64.bat

Note: It may require you right-click it and choose "Run as Administrator"

Nigel