Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 Smart Pix Manager and MegaView
 MegaView v10 Released
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  15:46:34  Show Profile  Reply
MegaView v10 was released today offering over one hundred changes and improvements.

Top 15 enhancements:

1. Automatically rotates digital camera photos for correct display
2. Zip files are now natively supported. Browse Zips like normal folders with thumbnail support
3. New dockable tool window displays all information for the current file, including camera and music fields
4. Now supports a much wider range of digital camera Raw photo formats
5. Dicom Medical Imaging format is now natively supported
6. Automatically plays associated sound files of images
7. Added many digital camera (EXIF) fields, including all GPS fields and Windows embedded data
8. Full Vista support: Now offers much more Vista specific improvements
9. Significant improvements to styling throughout the software
10. Now provides full support for multiple monitor usage
11. Images can be automatically scrolled simply by hovering the cursor over the display
12. Numerous changes to layout and wording throughout the application to make it easier to use
13. Faster loading of many image formats
14. Automatically hides favorites mode when not in use
15. New buttons: "Go up" on folder tree toolbar and Rotate buttons on main toolbar (when image editing toolbar is hidden)

Upgrade Details

More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/megaview/

V10 is a free upgrade to all users who purchased after 1 March 2008 (a new key will be emailed to you shortly). Other registered users can upgrade for $14.50 at:

Upgrades: http://www.xequte.com/megaview/upgrade.html

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

maupassant

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  23:20:09  Show Profile  Reply
Changed: Amalgamated confusing auto-shrink and auto-stretch options

If you tell me it has been replaced by "Auto Fit Image To Window", then I will tell you that it does shrink all images when needed, but it never stretches them. So this is not an amalgam. It's a loss of a very important option to me.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  16:08:25  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

In our research very few customers wanted their small images stretched (as they tend to look worse) and these days the majority of images are larger than screen size so the option was largely superfluous.

Perhaps we need to introduce an advanced option to bring back the feature for those who need it.

I'd like to hear from other customers who would use this...

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

maupassant

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  20:55:48  Show Profile  Reply
Well, your researchers should have talked to me and JamesB !

I really do need this. And the problem I see here is that your changelog was misleading. In Irfanview, one of the display options is called "Fit images to Window". What does it do ? It shrinks or stretches all images to fit the window. So when you come up with "Auto Fit Image to Window" and say in the changelog that you amalgamated auto-shrink and auto-stretch options, I expect to do it just that. And it's not.

If you can't assure me that either the two "confusing" options will be brought back OR that we will have a REAL "Auto Fit Image to Window" option, I will ask you to indicate to me how I can get a refund. I'd rather continue to use version 9 then lose this feature. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

maupassant

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  22:08:26  Show Profile  Reply
Of course, it also means that I would like to see back in Display Options : "Zoomed Image Quality". Most of the time, I set it at High Quality - SLOWEST, which gives rather good quality for small pics downloaded from the net (a Megaview + !), but occasionally I use the other settings when I want to check large numbers of pics fast.

Which reminds me : when you say that "these days the majority of images are larger than screen size", you are only considering pictures taken by the user himself, aren't you ? Because this is not the case for the majority of images I find on the net.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  14:38:18  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I hadn't expected such a passionate response to this option. Please download the software again. Under Tools > Options, Display ensure the "Never stretch small images" setting is not checked.

Regarding the zoom quality, please see my "Power Options" thread.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

maupassant

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  16:55:58  Show Profile  Reply
Wonderful, Nigel. Thanks a lot !

Go to Top of Page

JamesB

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  20:46:44  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks so much Nigel. I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

Supernova

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  09:26:09  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

Just wanted to ring in here. I use the stretch to screen option often. I would like the option to stretch or to shrink or both according to what I am doing. The new fit to screen really isn't working. Besides the help file in v.10 still references <crt> + to get a stretch to screen, which doesn't work.

Many scanned, e-mailed, and downloaded images are not screen size or larger, but almost. Being able to auto stretch is a very usefull tool. As is the image quality options.

Thanks,
Ed

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  19:46:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Ed

At the moment there are three possible states:

- Always 100%
- Small images 100%/Large images shrunk to fit
- All images stretched/shrunk to fit

I can't imagine a situation where a user would stretch small images to fit but not shrink the large ones.

Ctrl + Plus toggles between auto fit/not auto fit

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Supernova

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  08:20:13  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

After downloading and installing v.10 again the option to "never shrink" became availbale to un-check. This made the world a better place, or at least my world. I am now able to work as needed. Thank You indeed!

And, you are right. The three options you detailed are the configurations that I use.

Keep Up The Good Work,

Ed
DeskTop Consulting

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  13:43:46  Show Profile  Reply
As asked via email...

The "Never Stretch Small Images" option is now under Tools > Options, Other, "Advanced" button.

Note: To see the "Advanced" button, you need to unclick the "Simplified User Interface" setting on the Interface tab of options.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: