Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Moving Maillistking to a new machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daveroberts

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
I'm moving maillist king to a new machine. What files do I need to move in order to get my mailing list to the new machine? I see a lot of files in the "db" directory--not clear what they are.

I tried to move the backup file and load it, but the loader wasn't designed just for the backup file, wanted me to tell it some things about fields. Is there another way to restore from backup? Or what do I need to do here?

I suggest you add "restore from backup" as a separate menu function.

Thanks

Dave Roberts

ps Thanks for the great product, I wouldn't be moving it if I didn't like it

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Dave

Moving your database and settings from one machine to another is largely painless:

Database:

Do a search for the file mailist.dat to find your DB folder(s) and then move the entire folder (all the .dat, etc. files are used by the database) to the same path on your new system.

Settings:

Your settings will all be stored in a folder named \Config\ whose location will depend on your Windows and MLK version (if you can't find it do a search for the file UnSubAck.txt). Move the entire folder to the same path on your new system.

You can now install MLK on the new machine (if you are Pro user, make sure you have contacted sales@xequte.com for Pro version download URL).

When you install MLK and run it for the first time it should find your settings and DB folder. If not you will be prompted to specify the database folder (to open or create) and you should browse to the folder you moved above.

If your settings are not found then due to the Windows or MLK version change the path is no longer compatibile, so you will need to:
1. Close MLK
2. Find your two \config\ folders (the one you moved from the other machine and the one MLK just created
3. Move all the files in the old MLK Config folder into the new config folder (overwriting the files it contains)

You will need to specify your username and serial again.

I will respond to the back-up query as a separate message.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
www.xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

geb

South Africa
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2017 :  14:46:29  Show Profile  Reply
cant find this UnSubAck.txt file anywhere ???
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  00:31:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I'm afraid those instructions are from 2007. UnSubAck.txt is no longer used. Search for BlockedCountries.txt instead.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: