In this Issue:
Dear Xequte Software User,
You know how it is when you're pottering around in the shed, changing the transmission on your Monaro, when you get the call that dinner is on the table. Well that's how it's been here for the last few months. Were head down, a...hem up working on a new product, and we're so engrossed that we are finding it difficult to tear ourselves away to attend to chores, write newsletters, eat, sleep, etc.
Thus it's a bit of a short newsletter this month. But we do have a few updates for you and a bumper set of tips. Please see details below and, as always, drop us a line if you have any difficulty.
* MailList King V6.28 Released
MailList King allows you to manage and communicate with a mailing list from your own computer.
Here are the top ten changes in v6.26 and v6.28:
1. Support for sending and retrieving messages with SSL (e.g. using Gmail)
2. Can now exclude any recipients that were sent in the last x days from delivery
3. Attachment boxes now show files as icons, have a right-click menu, support common key commands and automatically resize
4. Can now automatically delete messages from Outlook after they are sent
5. Now can delay sending whenever there are pending items in the Outlook Outbox
6. Sending error dialog now allows disabling of all future sending errors
7. Now changes the Tray Icon while it is processing
8. Underlining of misspelt words now does not change the word color
9. Improved layout of Specify Recipients dialog
10. Now includes some default stationery if none is found on the system
Complete Change List: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/changes.html
Evaluations can be downloaded from: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/download.html
Registered Users: An updated download link will be sent to you over the next 24 hours. If you do not receive the link, please complete the following form:
* DVD PixPlay V3.34 Released
DVD PixPlay allows you to create slideshow discs from your digital photos and videos for playback on DVD players and computers.
Here are the top five changes since v3.30:
Complete Change List: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/changes.html
More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/
(Simply install the new version over your old one. No new key is required if you are already using v3.*)
* Amaze Screen Saver V6.1 Released
Amaze Multimedia Screen Saver displays all of your favorite image and multimedia files while your computer is idle. V6.1 improves styling and includes various fixes and improvements.
More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/amaze/
(Simply install the new version over your old one. No new key is required if you are already using v6.0).
* Seeking Beta Testers
We are currently working on a new product, it's still hush-hush, but it should be of interest to anyone who replies to lots of business emails each day. If that sounds like you (particularly if you are already a MailList King user) we would love for you to trial our new product and advise us of any problems you encounter.
Note: Do not sign up if you only want to see what features the program has! We only want people who have the time to really give the software a good thrashing so we can iron out any bugs before release.
If you are still interested, please visit the following page and specify your e-mail address:
We anticipate releasing the beta in late March/early April.
* Program Tips
- DVD PixPlay: Chapter Breaks
I expect most users will know that you can right-click a frame to specify that it is the start of a new chapter (so you can navigate to it with the |< and >| buttons on your DVD remote), however you may not know that you can also navigate between these DVD chapters when viewing an image format slideshow disk on a PC by using the PageUp and PageDown keys.
- MailList King: Sending and Retrieving Messages via Gmail
MailList King now supports mail servers that require SSL authentication. The main purpose of this is for users who want to integrate MLK with their Gmail account. We've set up instructions for doing this at:
- Smart Pix Manager (also MegaView): Capturing Video Frames
If you have a video file from which you want to capture frames, you can do it with Smart Pix Manager. Simply select the video file (WMV, AVI and MPEG) and then choose Multimedia>View Video Frames. Find the frame you want to capture and either save it to a file or copy it to the clipboard (for pasting into an image editor)
- MegaView (also in Smart Pix Manager): Rotating all of your image with a single click
MegaView supports Lossless JPEG rotation, this means that, unlike many other image editing programs, when you rotate or crop a JPEG there is no reduction in its quality.
You can also rotate all the selected files with a single click:
1. Select your files (hold Ctrl down as you click on them, or hold Shift to select a contiguous row)
2. Click Rotate Left or Rotate Right, either using the buttons on the Image Editing toolbar or under Image>Edit Image on the menu
3. Click "Yes" at the "Rotate All?" prompt
- Diji Album: Reusing Page Styles
If you have a page layout that you want to use frequently then right-click the page and select 'Save Page to File'. You can then create new pages of the same layout using Page>New Page>Load from file