In this Issue:
Dear Xequte Software User,
Well another year is coming to a close, so it is time for the inevitable self-reflection and planning for the year ahead.
In 2006 we released major upgrades of all our main products, responded to other 20,000 customer emails, and still had some time left over to spend with our loved ones.
We're hoping for more of the same in 2007, plus the release of a new product in the first quarter (it's very hush hush at the moment, but we believe it will be useful for most small businesses). There's also a new version of Windows hitting the streets in a month, but having tested all our main products to ensure compatibility, we are not expecting any big problems.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us in 2006 by purchasing software or upgrades, taking the time to try our products, offering us feedback or joining in the discussion on our community forum (at www.xequte.com/userforum/)
All the best for 2007 and have a happy holiday!
P.S. Don't forget to use DVD PixPlay to create photo slideshow DVD's for all your visiting relatives!
* MailList King V6.23 Released
MailList King allows you to manage and communicate with a mailing list from your own computer. Since our last mailer we have issued multiple updates to offer various improvements and fixes.
Here is a top ten list of changes:
1. Can now send personalized messages to recipients read directly from Excel, CSV and Text files (without importing into your mailing list)
2. Letters/messages can now be "mail merged" to the printer
3. Live Spell checking of your messages (i.e. showing spelling errors as you type them)
4. Added automatic correction of your message as you type (to fix common typos such as "teh")
5. A formatting toolbar is now available in the Acknowledgement Message Editing dialog
6. Various improvements to printing of the mailing list
7. Images can now be embedded into automated messages
8. Added a hyperlink dialog to make it easier to insert web and mailto links in your message
9. Improved exporting algorithm which now only outputs a single record per member, rather than one per group of member
10. Outbox (pending delivery) status is now displayed in the Information tab
Complete Change List: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking /changes.html
Evaluations can be downloaded from: http://www.xequte.com/maillistkin g/download.html
Registered Users: An updated download link will be sent to you over the next 24 hours. If you do not receive the link, please complete the following form:
* DVD PixPlay V3.30 Released
DVD PixPlay allows you to create slideshow discs from your digital photos and videos for playback on DVD players and computers.
V3.30 is built on a different burning library which in our testing increases disk burning reliability and also improves the compatibility of DVD slideshow disks with DVD players. We recommend this update for all users who have experienced burning or compatibility problems.
Complete Change List: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/changes.h tml
More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/
(Simply install the new version over your old one. No new key is required if you are already using v3.*).
* Freeware Spotlight: SiteUp, Web Site Availability Monitoring Software
SiteUp monitors the availability of your web sites and warns you when they become unreachable so you can quickly reboot the server or abuse your support staff.
More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/other/
* Program Tips
- DVD PixPlay: Quick Access to File Information
The new Full Details file mode (available by selecting the relevant option under the View menu) allows you to see at a glance the start time for each frame, what transition and motion effects have been assigned and whether borders have been removed.
You can also view this information in thumbnail display modes by hovering your cursor momentarily over the frame.
- MailList King: Mail Merge Directly from File
With v6.20 you no longer need to import addresses into MLK if you want to do a one-off sending to an email list that you will not use again. MLK can now read recipients directly from Excel, CSV and Text files and use all column fields for personalization of your message.
To use this function select List>Send to List. Click the "To…" button and specify the option to read recipients from a file. You will need to browse to your file and specify the e-mail field (and optionally name files for message personalization). Close the recipients dialog and you can then personalize the message if you desire by clicking the Personalize button and inserting column fields.
Click Preview to see how your messages will appear once sent.
- Smart Pix Manager: Archiving images to CD/DVD
What do you when you have so many images that you are running out of space on your hard drive, but you still want to be able to easily to find the ones you want? Smart Pix Manager includes a feature that allows you to archive files to a CD/DVD. This clears space on your hard drive, but you still see the thumbnails for your archived files and can do normal keyword and descriptions searches on them. When you click on a file to display it, Smart Pix will prompt you which CD or DVD to insert.
For more details, view the Smart Pix help file section on "Archiving to CD/DVD"
- Diji Album: Adding your voice to Albums
Diji Album allows you to add recordings to your album pages, so you can add a short commentary that is played as images are displayed, or include your children talking or singing. To take advantage of this feature simply insert a microphone into your computer and select Insert>Sound>Record Now...