In this Issue:
Dear Xequte Software User,
We have two significant updates for you this month; DVD PixPlay v5.20 addresses one of the top items on our to-do list, intermixing photos and videos while maintaining the video soundtrack. MailList King v9.10 makes it much easier to build complex search queries so you can send to a custom selection of mailing list members. Both are free updates to users of the current releases.
Also we’ve made a pledge for 2010 to improve the speed of our customer service, which has tended to slip at peak times. We’re now aiming for a typical turn around time of less than 12 hours, and in general not more than 24 hours. Inevitably this will be thoroughly tested this week, as our newsletters tend to generate a lot of customer queries ;-)
But don’t let that stop you from dropping us a line at email@example.com
* DVD PixPlay V5.10 Released
DVD PixPlay allows you to create slideshow discs from your digital photos and videos for playback on DVD players and computers. V5.20 will be a popular update as it adds the ability to intermingle your photos and videos.
Top Five Changes:
1. Now video soundtrack can be used even when videos are positioned amongst photos (for DVD and PC slideshows, not for VCD and multishows)
2. PC Slideshows can now be navigated using multimedia keyboards and presenter mice
3. Added a (right-click) function to convert the current image to a page (i.e. a designed page where the current image is an object within the page)
4. When resizing photos in the title page editor it locks the aspect ratio
5. Videos are shown in a film strip style in the frame grid to differentiate them from photos
Complete Change List: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/changes.html
More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/
(Simply install the new version over your old one. No new key is required if you are already using v5.*).
* MailList King V9.10 Released
MailList King allows you to manage and communicate with a mailing list from your own computer. V9.10 is a significant update which focuses on making it easier to view complex queries (View Screenshot).
Top Five Changes:
1. Much easier to build complex searches including adding and excluding contacts from existing results and categorized search fields
2. Many more themes and stationery
3. Various improvements to Options, including an improved web form creation wizard
4. "Send Test Message" function available when editing acknowledgement and automated messages
5. Allows you to use Windows Live Mail on Windows 7
Complete Change List: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/changes.html
More Info and Evaluation download: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/download.html
Registered Users: V9.10 can be downloaded from the same page you were sent when purchasing or upgrading v9 (If you do not receive it please go to: www.xequte.com/support/serial/ )
* Program Tips
- DVD PixPlay: Instructional Videos and YouTube
If you are not a frequent visitor to our discussion forum then you may be unaware of our selection of instructional videos to get you started with DVD PixPlay:
Please don't hesitate to request videos on any area that is causing your difficultly.
Also if you have uploaded a PixPlay slideshow to YouTube you might want to tell the world about it here:
- MailList King: Building a complex selection of recipients for delivery
With v9.10 we’ve made it much easier to generate and visualize complex search queries, for example, “All French speaking Canadians that we haven’t emailed such last June in our Customer group."
We’ve created a visual guide to explain it:
- Smart Pix/MegaView: Adding Photo Frames to your Images
A particularly cool effect available in SPM and MegaView is the ability to add a photo frame to your images. Print them out on a color printer and they look great pinned up in your work cubicle.
Simply select an image you like and choose "Edit > Other Editing > Add a Frame, Border of Shadow" from the menu and choose the "Picture Frames" option.
Registered users can widen their selection of Frames by downloading the Plug-In Power Pack from: