Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 OPT IN AND OPT OUT - Is This Easier To Understand
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  09:49:40  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel
Perhaps it is my way of describing the problem. I tried to attach this email to the thread but it would not allow me to upload an image so I had to start a new thread.

Perhaps it would be best to describe the issue with the below picture.
With autoresponders I can set up whatever outgoing email address I want to use and that is great.

But this is not available for individual groups within a database. There is only 1 outgoing email address for double opt in and out when subscribing to a group within a database.

This is why I set up 20 different independent databases. The double opt in and double opt out does not allow for different email addresses from within MLK for this double opt procedure.

IF IT DID I WOULD NOT NEED 20 TOTAL INDEPENDENT DATABASES and 20 copies of MLK running on my server.

So perhaps you could answer my problems this way:

1) AM IN CORRECT. Is there no other way of using different email addresses based on groups that people are subscribing to. I understand that you can send out mailings by different email addresses but it is the double opt in and out that is the problem.

2) Have you ever tested this many independent databases running at one time?

3) If there is another way in which I can send double opt messages for subscribers through different outgoing email accounts that are based on the group they want to join please advise me how to do this.

I hope this is clear. Thanks Nigel.

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  15:25:40  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Different reply addresses for each group is definitely on the to-do list for a later update (we already have the infrastructure in the database to handle it). The reason it has not yet bubbled to the top is that not many users have requested it. I'll investigate it again in the next few updates.

We have not tested running 20 simultaneous instances of MLK and it would not be something we would recommend.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  21:02:30  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Nigel for letting me know. Hopefully I will see it in future releases.

Take care and thank you for your answers.

Bruce23
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  21:45:09  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

FYI custom reply addresses for each group has been added in v11.03.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: